Real-time Surveying with Carlson Field
Here’s real-time kinematic GPS and total station data collection directly in CAD! Carlson Field enables real-time Surveying in CAD on small Palmtop/Laptop computers. This Carlson Field feature is an industry first from Carlson Software.
The power of Carlson Field is revolutionary. If you are currently using Carlson Tsunami, or previous versions of Carlson Field, check out the current feature and improvement list.
With this program, you can see what you are collecting, zoom in and out, or pan over. You can do any basic COGO operation and also any high-level CAD operation. You can even stakeout building corners, lot corners or any CAD feature by “snapping” to the CAD entity — without creating point numbers.
In addition to Carlson Field running on top of any AutoCAD® or Map®, Carlson Field comes with built-in IntelliCAD® for no extra cost with every license of Carlson products. Carlson Field is available as a modular program of the Carlson line of office software, which comes with 64-bit capabilities, is Windows 7 compatible.
- Full data collection inside CAD.
- Ability to place text on your drawing and contour in the field to verify that you have taken enough points.
- Create a new drawing or update existing drawings directly in the field.
- Cut & Fill automatically displayed for staked points with elevation or along any TIN or Grid terrain model.
- Station and offset reporting instantly for GPS or for Total Station stored points along any centerline created and loaded in Carlson Survey.
- Unlimited 6th field GIS smart prompting for direct storage to a MDB database table, form or report.
- Carlson Field, coupled with Carlson’s GIS Module, quickly becomes the true Data Link that Planning and GIS professionals need and demand.
- Data Capture routines from SurvStar into AutoCAD MAP using our GIS Plus software entirely automate downloading, review/edit collected GIS info and create or update MDB GIS database tables.
- All GIS point data is automatically drawn layerized, with specific corner symbols, sized with line work using Carlson Software’s Field-to-Finish routine. GIS point data is linked to the database all in one step.
- Collects and stores points directly in the AutoCAD .DWG format.
Points & Linework
- Plots points with symbols selected from symbol library.
- Plots linework. Field-to-finish is completed in the field!
- Does stakeout by point, station and offset, and road template.
- See your points and linework as you data collect.
- Works with all major brands of total stations and GPS equipment.
- Field is designed for GIS work. It allows the collection of data associated with valves, manholes, power poles and other standard GIS elements. It works with affordable, sub-meter accuracy GPS systems from various manufacturers.