For the short-range applications, the new FocusM 70 Laser Scanner captures data up to 70 meter therefore ideal for indoor measurements and small area applications.
The new FARO FocusM 70 sets a new standard in price/performance for construction BIM/CIM and public safety-forensics applications and is the first professional grade scanner to be offered at an affordable price that does not compromise on the industrial grade performance included in the award-winning FARO Focus Laser Scanner portfolio. Key features include an Ingress Protection (IP) Rating of 54 for use in high particulate and wet weather conditions, HDR imaging, acquisition speed of almost 500,000 points per second and extended temperature range. Additionally, users have unrestricted freedom of choice to leverage the software tools most beneficial to their own workflow as data captured by the FARO FocusM 70 can be used with various software packages including FARO SCENE or 3rd party software such as Autodesk ReCap.
The ultra-portable FocusM 70 enables fast, straightforward and yet accurate measurements of small construction sites, small-scale facades, complex structures, production and supply facilities and manageable accident and crime scene sites with a range of 70m per scan. The 3D scan data can easily be imported into all commonly used software solutions for architecture and construction, forensics and accident reconstruction or industrial manufacturing.
- Distance accuracy up to ±3mm
- Range from 0.6m up to 70m
- IP Class 54
- HD photo overlay up to 165 megapixel color
- Extended Temperature Range
- Best Value for Money – in price/performance
- Range up to 350m
Within the Laser Scanner Focus Series, FARO offers its customers the possibility to choose between short, mid and long range laser scanners with the latest technology and high accuracy.
- IP Rating – Class 54 and Extensive Temperature Range
With the sealed design, the Focus devices are certified with the industry standard Ingress Protection (IP) Rating and classified in class 54 against environmental influences. In addition scanning in challenging temperature conditions is possible due to an extensive temperature range.
- On-site Compensation*
With the on-site compensation functionality users can verify and adjust the Focus compensation on-site or in the office, ensuring the highest scan data quality. A comprehensive compensation document is automatically generated.
- Integrated Accessory Bay*
With this future-proof interface users can connect additional accessories to the scanner, which offers an option for user specific customization.
- HDR Photo Overlay
With the Focus HDR functionality, challenging lighting situations will never subtract users’ scan results. Predefined HDR profiles increase the picture quality recorded in very bright or dark environments.
- Lightweight and Small Size
Weighing only about 4.2 kg the Focus Laser Scanner is simply mobile and portable.
* Offered for FocusS series only
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF HDR?
The HDR laser scanner models record HDR imagery. HDR means high dynamic range and is a technique to capture images with multiple exposure rates and merging them into a single HDR image layer. This HDR image provides additional details in dark or bright areas, which would have been lost in a standard image. These HDR images will be mapped onto the point cloud data generated by the laser scanner.
- Reliable life-like visualization, even under extreme lighting conditions and large distance
- Safe and fast as-built data capturing with superior colour detail
- Reduced complexity by integrated scanning and imaging workflow for all kinds of scanning tasks
- Range : 0.6 – 70m
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Exposure Bracketing 2x, 3x, 5x
- Measurement speed: up to 488,000 points/second
- Ranging error: ± 3mm
- Sealed design – Ingress Protection (IP) Rating Class 54
- Integrated color camera: Up to 165 million pixels
- Extended operating temperature: -20° – 55°C
- Laser class: Laser class 1
- Weight: 4,2kg
- Multi-Sensor: GPS, Compass, Height Sensor, Dual Axis Compensator
- Size: 230 x 183 x 103mm
- Scanner control: via touchscreen display and WLAN