Carlson Hydrology 2016 is here with the main new features being new ribbon toolbars for hydrology commands, plus new commands allow dynamic edits of the sewer network model in both the plan and profile views with just a screen pick. This is in addition to its support for AutoCAD® 2016 and IntelliCAD® 8.1.
Recently released, IntelliCAD 8.1 represents major improvements in its CAD engine technology, now including support for Microsoft Windows 10 along with multi-core processing when opening and regenerating files, which provides a 1.5 to 3 times performance improvement on multi-core computers.
Carlson Hydrology is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-master civil engineering software solution providing automation you can use to meet your hydrology needs. Full 3D road and lot design feed directly into flow calculations and drainage design.
Enhanced collaboration options are highlights of the Carlson Civil and Carlson Hydrology 2016 releases. The new Settings Server enables CAD managers to easily distribute uniform command settings and files to Carlson users throughout their company. Additional highlights of the 2016 Hydrology release include:
- Hydrograph Editor – New command to edit time and flow data in a spreadsheet.
- Pipe Culvert Design – Added outlet control by gradually varied flow method.
- Utility Network – New command to define model for utility networks.
The Carlson line of software comes with 64-bit capabilities, is Windows 7 compatible, and works on AutoCAD® and IntelliCAD.
From Carlson Software, you get complex calculations of surface flows integrated with the DTMs:
- Tap extensive libraries on rainfall, inlets, manholes, outlets
- Calculate inlet intercepted and bypass flows, gutter spread and depth, pipe flow depth and velocity, and hydraulic and energy grade lines
- Get warnings for collisions, excessive pipe lengths, insufficient cover, lack of slope, excessive flow rates, and more
- Track runoff and analyze watershed – choose entire area or the watershed above a point such as a catch basin
- Design ponds, culverts, channels and outlets
- Draft sewer pipe dynamically in plans, profiles and 3D