The Viking Offshore software package is a specialized version of our regular Navigation package for Offshore usage, with improved redundancy and backup features.
It is capable of instant switching to a secondary systems in case of failure or loss of quality.
Viking Offshore also includes all the specialized Viking modules for Offshore operations.
- Automatic switching to a backup GNSS Receiver
- Real-time backup to a secondary Viking system
- Anchoring/Tug Management Module
- Distance Warning/Windmill Module
- Show acoustic underwater positions
- Advanced graphical Ship Designer
- Built in vector chart editor
- DXF/CSV/XYZ/TIN Import support
- Navionics chart database interface
- Night-, dusk-, and sun display modes
- Print to any printer on A4 to A0 paper size
- Worldwide chart datum support
Ease of use
Viking can connect to virtually any GNSS receiver and compass device, providing a solid base for every navigation requirement.
By providing a clean and simple user interface Viking can be accustomed to in just a few minutes.
The tools most often used can be found directly on the screen, and by using the menu bar all further functions are easily accessed.
Viking provides extra sidebars for more directly visible and ready to use tools. These sidebars can be turned on and off, any time when needed, by a simple key press.
Anchoring/Tug Management Module:
This module provides Viking with a multi point anchoring and tug management Solution that’s easy to operate from a central vessel Anchor plans can be designed beforehand and printed out for approval and after the anchors have been dropped to keep a record. Through wireless communication the anchor plans can be shared with multiple tugs and the system will record where they drop the anchors.